Transition to Parenthood
Babies can bring out both the best and worst in parents – we have new parent programs to help you during this exciting and often difficult transition to parenthood.
Even the strongest relationships are strained during the transition to parenthood. Lack of sleep, never-ending housework and new fiscal concerns can lead to profound stress and a decline in marital & relationship satisfaction – all of which affect baby’s care and development. Not surprisingly, 67% of new parents experience conflict, disappointment and hurt feelings.
Our research-based programs, for expecting and new parents, prepare you and your partner for the transition to parenthood. In a relaxed and supportive environment, you will learn to strengthen your relationship and foster your baby’s development during this challenging time. Therefore, by signing up for one of our programs, you and your partner will be the best parent-team possible.
Newborn Educator & Postpartum Doula: Brittany Bolden, PCD
We offer convenient online sessions afternoons, evenings, & Saturdays to meet your growing family’s needs
- $100/50-min class session
- Flexibility to meet your personal schedule from the comfort of your own home
- Couples can live anywhere – this is a psychoeducational course; this is not therapy
- Each class will be online – a secure link will be provided and sent to you the day before your appointment
- Classes will be scheduled Eastern Standard Timezone
Expecting Parents Program – private classes for expecting parents
- You and your partner will learn essential preparations before baby arrives:
- discuss best design and set up for your nursery,
- discuss what baby items you and your baby really need,
- develop a sleep encouraging environment for your baby and yourselves,
- and learn communication strategies to nurture your own relationship as a couple, which is vital for creating a healthy home environment to promote your baby’s overall development.
Newborn at Home Program – private classes for parents of newborns
- You and your partner will learn essential co-parenting & relationship strategies to adjust to having a newborn:
- evaluate your nursery design,
- learn how to read and respond to your baby’s cues – including sleeping patterns and feeding schedule,
- master the swaddling technique,
- discuss what is “normal” after giving birth and bringing a baby home, and
- learn communication strategies to nurture your own relationship as a couple, which is vital for ensuring a healthy home environment to promote your baby’s overall development.
Contact us for more information and to schedule at a convenient time for you.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund if cancelled 48 hours in advance minus $50 admin fee. 50% refund if cancelled within 48 hours of scheduled course