Our Couples Intensive is an accelerated version of our other services. We can rapidly de-escalate negative cycles, hone in on major barriers within the relationship, and more quickly move toward repairing and strengthening your relationship.
The Couples Intensive is ideal to accommodate your busy schedules. In addition, this is an excellent option if you cannot attend weekly appointments. We provide a personalized, condensed, and highly focused approach to your relationship issues helping your relationship move quickly through specific issues while learning important new skills in a short period of time.
In order to make the best use of our time together, you will be asked to complete several assessments prior to your appointment, including the Gottman Relationship Checkup, so that we can hit the ground running during the very first session.
Scheduling & Fees
Online or In-Person at our Carefree, AZ office
2-Day Intensive (12-hours total) with either Dr. Drew or Dr. Bitar. $3500/couple (Assessment & PDF Relationship Tool Kit Included)
Online or In-Person at our Charlotte, NC office
2-Day Intensive (12-hours total) with either Kelsee or Brittany. $2500/couple (Assessment & PDF Relationship Tool Kit Included)
Contact us to schedule our next available two or one-day intensive.
Once scheduled, 75% of the cost of the intensive must be paid in advance and is non-refundable. Within a week of the appointment, the remaining 25% must be paid in full. Cancellation policy – your sessions are reserved exclusively for you and your partner. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment for any reason, appointments must be cancelled 1-week in advance in order to avoid the charge for the remaining 25% fee.
Who wouldn’t be a good candidate for this service?
- if you are not committed to the intensive nature of this therapeutic process and/or your relationship
- when there is an ongoing or undisclosed affair
- when there is serious violence in the relationship
- if you or your partner is suicidal or suffers from an untreated serious mental illness
- when there is active addiction
Please click HERE to ask us any questions about this service or to schedule this service.
Sample Intensive Scheduled
Prior to the session clients will complete our Intake Paperwork and the Gottman Connect Assessment (exact times listed below may vary).
Day 1 (Assessment & Intervention Phase)
9:00 – 10:30AM (Assessment Phase)
Gottman Oral History Interview, which covers: current relationship challenges and strengths, the history of the relationship, family of origin influences on strengths and challenges with communication, and current goals for therapy.
10:30-11:30AM (Assessment Phase)
Individual Sessions (30 minutes each)
The individual time allows for a deeper exploration of family of origin influences and space for each person to freely share their perspectives on the relationship.
11:30 – 12:30PM (Assessment Phase)
A discussion of Gottman Connect Assessment Results, which includes: an overview of the Sound Relationship House and growth areas and strengths in the relationship based on the assessment.
12:30-1:30PM – Lunch Break
1:30 – 4:00PM (Intervention Phase)
Possible Interventions (based on your goals and the assessment results): Managing Conflict Interventions (e.g., Aftermath of a Regrettable Incident, Dreams w/in Conflict/Navigating Perpetual Problems, Identifying the Negative Cycles/Patterns) & Friendship System Interventions (e.g., Exploring Love Maps & Sharing Fondness & Admiration).
Day 2 (Continue Intervention Phase & Plan for Maintenance/Continued Progress Phase)
Cover interventions from Day 1 that weren’t completed or move more deeply into those interventions and underlying attachment fears and needs.
Address any topics and issues that weren’t covered on Day #1
Establish maintenance/continued progress plans, including a schedule for ongoing sessions or check-in sessions.
Plan an In-Person Couples Getaway to the Sonoran Desert
Further enhance your couples therapy experience by traveling to our Carefree, AZ location and staying at one of the nearby resorts (price of travel/lodging not included):
Civana Wellness Resort
Boulders Resort & Spa
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Carefree, AZ Office Location
7301 East Sundance Trail, Suite B201
Carefree, AZ 85331
Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport International (PHX)
Scottsdale Airport (SDL)
SkyRanch at Carefree
Plan an In-Person Couples Getaway to the Queen City
Further enhance your couples therapy experience by traveling to our Charlotte, NC location and staying at one of the nearby resorts (price of travel/lodging not included):
The Ritz-Carlton in Uptown
The Ballantyne in South Charlotte
Hyatt Centric in SouthPark
Hilton Garden Inn/Homestead Suites in SouthPark
Charlotte, NC Office Location
4726 Park Rd, Ste. C
Charlotte, NC 28209
Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)