Brittany Bolden, LMFT-A
I was raised in South Florida and moved to North Carolina at eighteen to attend University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I received my bachelor degrees in Elementary Educationand Psychology. During college, I went on to own and operate my own dance studio as well as start a dance competition and convention. After twelve years of running my own business, I then joined the YMCA’s dance department staff where I became the Performing Arts Director. After eight years at the YMCA, I decided to return to school and attain my master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy. In addition to returning to school, I became a Postpartum Certified Doula and started working with families in Charlotte and the surrounding areas.
For the last five years, I have been helping moms, as a doula, during the postpartum stage of their life, adjusting to motherhood. I feel passionate about assisting families during this time and believe it is essential to give the couples the support needed in order to have a smooth transition into parenthood. The passion I have for my doula work lead me to seek out trainings in the Gottman Method of Bringing Baby Home. This certification will allow me to provide the opportunity for couples to become better prepared for the parenthood transition.
When I am not working, I stay very busy spending time with my husband and six children, ranging in ages nine to twenty-two. I homeschooled my kids and now have the four oldest in college with two finishing up their master degrees and two working on their bachelor degrees. I love to educate which is what brought me to the decision to homeschool my own children.
About Brittany Bolden
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist Associate (LMFT-A) in North Carolina
- Postpartum Certified Doula (PCD) with DONA International (Doulas Of North America) since 2015
- Masters of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy from Capella University
- National Certified Counselor NCC
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor CADC-I
- Bringing Baby Home Educator
- Prepare/Enrich Facilitator
- Completed Level II Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy