Hold Me Tight
Based on the acclaimed and successful book Hold Me Tight: 7 Conversations for a Lifetime of Love by Sue Johnson, Hold Me Tight® Workshops are 2-day couple workshops that help couples make sense of interactions, emotions, and restoring secure connections in romantic relationships.
Over the course of two days, couples move through the 7-conversations of Hold me Tight®:
1) Recognizing Demon Dialogues – Identifying the negative patterns that take over relationships and learn to hear each other in non-blaming, non-defensive ways.
2) Finding the Raw Spots – Looking under each partner’s automatic reactions during conflicts to identify the sore feelings underneath.
3) Revisiting a Rocky Moment – Finding successful de-escalation of a demon dialogue and learning to repair rifts and build emotional safety.
4) Hold Me Tight – Each partner moving into being more emotionally accessible, responsive, and engaged with each other.
5) Forgiving Injuries – Learning how to heal from injuries as demonstrations of renewal and connection. Earned forgiveness empowers couples to renew and strengthen their bond.
6) Bonding Through Sex and Touch – Learning how emotional connection creates better sex, and better physical & sexual intimacy creates deeper emotional bonding.
7) Keeping Your Love Alive – Making plans to intentionally maintain and protect connection.