The Art & Science of Love Couple & Marriage Workshop
Date & Time: February 10th & 11th, 2018 – 9am-5pm
Presenters: George W. Bitar, Ph.D., LMFT, Certified Gottman Therapist & Faith Drew, Ph.D., LMFT, Certified Gottman Method Couples Therapist
Location: Hilton Garden Inn SouthPark – 4808 Sharon Rd. Charlotte, NC 28210
Cost: $750 per couple (includes a comprehensive relationship tool kit)
This workshop is designed for all couples in a committed relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to foster further closeness, friendship, and trust. If your relationship is distressed, this two-day workshop will provide you with a greater understanding of your relationship and a road map for repair. No public discussion or disclosure is involved.
At the workshop, you’ll learn how to: foster respect, affection, and closeness; build and share a deeper connection with each other; keep conflict discussions calm, break through and resolve conflict gridlock; and strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship.
Workshop topics include:
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your marriage
- Identify your relationship’s specific strengths and how to build on them
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may affect conflict resolution
- Use the Fondness and Admiration System to renew respect and care for one another
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the 6 skills for effective conflict resolutions
- Find out how you can make your dreams and aspirations come true for you, your partner, and your relationship
As a result of this workshop, you will receive:
In addition to a greater understanding of how to build friendship, manage conflict, and create shared meaning in your relationship, you will receive a box set, which contains:
- 7 Card Decks
- Love Map
- Open-Ended Questions
- Rituals of Connection
- Salsa (Mild, Medium, Hot)
- 2 Couples Workbooks
- Repair Checklist
- Aftermath of a Fight Booklet
- Sound Relationship House Magnet
Located in the South Park neighborhood of Charlotte, the Hilton Garden Inn is newly built is situated in a prime location with Starbucks, Whole Foods, the South Park Mall, & many restaurants within walking distance. A block of rooms have been reserved for this event. Rates are $119/night (Mention Room Block Code: Drew Bitar). Call 704.362.5080 to make your reservation.
You are eligible to attend this workshop with no out-of-pocket expense. Your registration fee is paid for by your EAP plan through Wellspring Family Services. Please call us at 704-776-2464 or email at email@example.com for further details.
12 CEUs Available for Mental Healthcare Professionals (additional $40)
CEUs are available for this event. Please click here for additional information.
The workshop was probably the best thing we could have done for ourselves.T.P
Saturday night was so amazing on all fronts because all day we focused on building our fondness and admiration during the workshop.J.M.
We had a breakthrough regarding our understanding of one another.A. J.
My husband and I found this workshop to be helpful because we were able to begin work on our gridlocked problem and learned skills to make it easier and attainable to do so. We were also able to establish ways that we are doing well, which is validating.C.H.
Very positive experience. Helped me open up and better communicate with my wife.H.S.