I was born in Michigan and moved to North Carolina to attend undergraduate school at the University of North Carolina at Pembroke. I received my bachelor’s degree in High School Social Studies Education and began my career as a teacher in Charlotte. I greatly enjoyed connecting with my students while teaching. I found that supporting individuals at a deeper and more personal level was meaningful to me and decided to go back to school to pursue becoming a therapist.
Once I began seeing clients as part of my work towards my master’s degree, I fell in love with working with couples. I felt fortunate to be part of couples’ journeys towards connection. I still feel in awe of how powerful the healing process can be between couples. Many couples can get stuck in patterns that are difficult to break, even with the best intentions. Often couples feel alone and that they can’t reach their partners in the way they want in these patterns. It is really special when that pattern shifts and each partner feels heard, supported, and trusted within their relationship. Helping partners explore, show, and receive their love to one another in new ways is life changing.
I have experience working with couples, individuals (particularly individuals with trauma), and families. It is important to me to be research-based when working with clients and also to consider each client’s unique needs.
My husband and I recently moved back to Michigan to be closer to our families when we welcomed our second child. When I’m not working, I enjoy spending time with my family. My kids are little so we are frequently on the floor exploring toys, reading a book, or cooking a meal together. We also love exploring new places, like restaurants or museums, together. Humor and laughter is important in our family.
About Natasha Wippel
- Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy from Pfeiffer University
- Recipient of Outstanding Clinical Student Award
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist – North Carolina & Michigan
- Completed Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT) Externship and in the process of working on Core Skills Training.
- Completed Levels I, II, & III Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Bringing Baby Home Educator
- Prepare/Enrich Facilitator
- Board Certified–TeleMental Health Provider (BC-TMH) for residents of North Carolina (NC) & Michigan (MI)