Transition to Parenthood
Babies bring out the worst in parents – we have a workshop to help you during this difficult transition to parenthood.
Even the strongest relationships are strained during the transition to parenthood. Lack of sleep, never-ending housework and new fiscal concerns can lead to profound stress and a decline in marital & relationship satisfaction – all of which affect baby’s care and development. Not surprisingly, 67% of new parents experience conflict, disappointment and hurt feelings.
Our research-based, Bringing Baby Home workshop, for expecting and new parents, prepares you and your partner for the transition to parenthood. In a relaxed and supportive environment, you will learn to strengthen your relationship and foster your baby’s development during this challenging time. More importantly, you will build on what Dr. Gottman and colleagues found is the best predictor of marital & relationship adjustment after baby arrives: the quality of friendship in your committed relationship. Therefore, by signing up for this workshop, you and your partner will be the best parent-team possible.
The structure of the workshop includes lecture, powerpoint, and exercises.
As a result of this Workshop, you and your partner will learn to:
- Strengthen your relationship
- Effectively manage stress and conflict
- Recognize and respond to postpartum mood anxiety and adjustment issues and postpartum depression
- Meet the emotional and psychological needs of your child
- Keep you both actively involved in parenting
You’ll also receive the following supportive materials:
One Couple’s Workbook: Bringing Baby Home Couple’s Workbook, 250 pages. Includes insightful research, key parenting tips, guides and information, resources and interactive exercises.
Six Card Decks: These fun, interactive cards are used in the Bringing Baby Home Workshop with you and your partner as interactive exercises. Titles include: Love Map Cards, Love Map Cards For Couples with Kids, Open-Ended Questions Cards, Father’s Cards, Expressing Needs Cards, Softened Start-up Cards.
Presenter: Brittany Bolden, PCD
We offer 2 convenient options to meet your family’s needs:
- Group course – up to 3 couples attend the 12 hour program (2) 6-hour classes
- $400/couple, includes one couples workbook & six card decks
- Set dates/times each month (Saturday/Sunday 8am-3pm) – New course starts every month
- Registration is open for:
- March 21st & 22nd from 8am-3pm
- April (modified schedule – every Tuesday & Thursday evening) 4/7, 4/9, 4/14, 4/16, 4/21, 4/23 from 6-8pm
- May 30th & 31st from 8am-3pm
- Couple must commit to all days
- Registration is open for:
- Group participation may be encouraged, but personal disclosure is at the discretion of each couple
- Personalized program – private classes (6) 2 hour classes between you and our Bringing Baby Home Educator
- $600/couple, includes one Bringing Baby Home couples workbook & six card decks
- Flexibility to meet your personal schedule in our office or the comfort of your own home
Email Brittany ([email protected]) for more information and to reserve your spot.
You are eligible to attend this workshop with no out-of-pocket expense. Your registration fee is paid for by your EAP plan through Wellspring Family Services. Please call us at 704-776-2464 or email at [email protected] for further details.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund if cancelled 48 hours in advance minus $50 admin fee. 50% refund if cancelled within 48 hours of scheduled course